Saturday, March 23, 2013
PANDA Nevada (People Against the National Defense Authorization Act) has announced the passage of a Las Vegas City Council Resolution defeating the indefinite detention provisions of the 2012 NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act).
Just before noon on Wednesday, the honorable Las Vegas City Council passed a resolution rebuking the indefinite detention provisions of the 2012 NDAA, 5-2. The resolution may be read here at: http://tinyurl.com/cyu5bue. The Resolution will now head to the Clark County Commission; if passed, it would be the first Joint City/County Resolution passed in response to the NDAA.
The 2012 National Defense Authorization Act was overwhelmingly passed by Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama on December 31, 2011. The 2012 NDAA declares the United States to be a battlefield in the war on terror and Section 1021 & 1022 authorize the indefinite military detention, without charge or trial, of persons on US soil.
- Las Vegas City Council Passes Resolution Against NDAA Indefinite Detention (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- On Fire for Liberty: Las Vegas Passes Anti-NDAA Resolution (activistpost.com)
- Las Vegas to Introduce Anti-NDAA Resolution (activistpost.com)
- Anti-NDAA Legislation Passes Michigan Senate With Unanimous Vote ~ Freedom Outpost (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- South Carolina: Help NDAA Nullification Pass the Next Step (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Texas: Your Help Needed to Push NDAA Nullification Forward (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- State Of New Hampshire Votes To Nullify McCain’s NDAA Indefinite Detention Rule! (politicalvelcraft.org)
- SF Board of Supervisors vote to oppose the indefinite detention provisions of NDAA (indybay.org)
- Nonbinding Resolution Opposing Indefinite Detention Of Americans Introduced At Board Of Supes Meeting (sfappeal.com)
- Barack Obama vs The American Constitution : Drones and the NDAA (familysurvivalprotocol.com)