(CNSNews.com) – At a Friday event billed as a Black History Month press conference, Star Parker said African Americans in Congress who support gun control efforts by President Barack Obama and his administration should consider the history of blacks in this country and people around the globe who were oppressed, including being banned from owning firearms.
CNSNews.com asked Parker, who is the founder and president of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education (CURE): “There are a lot of African Americans and people of color in Congress who are backing Obama’s plan for gun control. What would you say to them because today [at this event] it was revealed that there is a direct effect on the African American community with this gun control?”
Parker said: “Well, I’d say they need to revisit their history – black history, black slave history, black Jim Crow history — and they should visit the histories of other tyrant nations where we had people like Hitler and Stalin and Mao. Every single time there is someone who wants to take away all other rights of the people, the first right they take away is your right to bear arms.”
Russell Simmons: ‘Guns Are Not for People to Have in Their Houses’
(CNSNews.com) – Hip hop mogul Russell Simmons says people don’t need to have guns in their homes as they did during Revolutionary War days.
“Guns are not for people to have in their houses,” Simmons said in an interview with ReutersTV published on Feb. 20. “That’s an old idea from when ‘the Redcoats are coming,’ or whatever. That’s old. So that’s a silly argument, but now I have to accept that’s the way people think.”
Simmons advocates a gun buyback program similar to thos that were implemented in England and Australia.
- Star Parker: Blacks Who Back Gun Control Need to Study History of Slavery and Jim Crow (patdollard.com)
- Blacks Who Back Gun Control Need to Study History of Slavery and Jim Crow (joemiller.us)
- Star Parker: Blacks Who Back Gun Control Need to Study History of Slavery and Jim Crow (sgtreport.com)
- Black Religious Leaders: Gun Control Is All About Controlling People (thegatewaypundit.com)
- When Black Republicans Were “Real”-daryl R. (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Father of U.S. slavery was a black man (wnd.com)
- Frederick Douglass Society President: ‘Direct Correlation Between Gun Control and Black People Control’ (+video) (joemiller.us)
- Black Leaders: Gun Control is “Black People Control” (townhall.com)
- Allen West “I proudly stand with my fellow black conservatives who are attempting to promulgate the truth.” (allenwestrepublic.com)
- Parker, black leaders speak out for gun rights (humanevents.com)