English.news.cn 2013-02-25 03:26:50
RAMALLAH, Feb. 24 (Xinhua) — Palestinian Minister of Prisoners Affairs Eissa Qaraqe’ said on Sunday that autopsy revealed that Palestinian prisoner Arafat Jaradat died of torture.
“Traces of severe torture appeared on Jaradat’s body: neck, face and backbone,” Qaraqe’ told reporters in a news conference held in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
Jaradat, 30, died in an Israeli prison on Saturday after he was detained in one of the almost-daily Israeli army raids in the West Bank since less than a week.
Initial Israeli media reports cited sources suggesting that Jaradat died of a heart attack. Qaraeq’ denied this claims, describing it ad “untrue Israeli claim.”
“There was no signs of a heart attack or stroke,” Qaraqe’ said.
Jaradat Was Tortured To Death in Israeli Prison, Autopsy Concludes
Autopsy confirms Jaradat died from torture in Israeli prison.
Saed Bannoura (IMEC) Palestinian Minister of Detainees, Issa Qaraqe’, reported on Sunday evening that the autopsy report of detainee Arafat Jardat, who died Saturday at an Israeli interrogation facility, revealed that the detainee died due to extreme torture.
In a joint press conference, held in the central West Bank city of Ramallah, with the head of the Palestinians Prisoners Society (PPS), Qaddoura Fares, Qaraqe’ said that the autopsy was conducted at the Abu Kabeer Forensic Facility.
The body of Jaradat carried clear signs of torture such as bruises, blisters and under skin blood clots in the back, especially over his spinal cord, on the neck and on his left shoulder, in addition to signs of torture on the left side of his chest, bruised mouth and face.
Jaradat Lawyer: “Prior To His Death, Detainee Complained Of Pain Due To Ongoing Interrogation”
Arafat Jaradat, died in Israeli jail after complaining about sharp pain.
Saed Bannoura (IMEMC) Attorney Kamil Sabbagh, who represented detainee Arafat Jaradat, who died Saturday at an Israeli interrogation facility, stated that Jaradat complained to him of sharp pain due to ongoing and extensive interrogation.
The lawyer said that he represented Jaradat during a court session that was held Thursday February 21.
The court session was the first time the detainee was able to see a lawyer since the army kidnapped him more than 12 days ago. The hearing was held at the Al-Jalama detention and interrogation center.
Sabbagh said that Jaradat complained of sharp pain in the back, and several other parts of his body. Jaradat told his lawyer that he was interrogated for several hours, every day, and repeatedly complained of sharp pain but was never seen by a physician.
The lawyer said that, during the court hearing, he told the military judge about the complaints made by Jaradat, and that the judge instructed the prison administration to grant him the needed medical attention, but the request was apparently ignored.
- #ArafatJaradat | Jaradat Was Tortured To Death: Autopsy Concludes he died due to extreme torture (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Autopsy reveals Arafat Jaradat died of extreme torture in Israeli custody (mondoweiss.net)
- By @anniefofani ~ Autopsy reveals Arafat Jaradat died of extreme torture in Israeli custody (arabworld360.blogspot.com)
- Arafat Jaradat died under Israeli torture: Palestinians (thenewstribe.com)
- Autopsy: Palestinian Prisoner Died of ‘Extreme Torture’ in Israeli Custody (commondreams.org)
- Palestinian Detainee Dies In Israeli Prison (imemc.org)
- 33 year old Palestinian detainee Arafat Shahin Jaradat, father of two children dies In Israeli prison after torture (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Palestinians demand international inquiry following suspicious death of detainee in Israeli prison (mondoweiss.net)
- Jaradat Was Tortured To Death, Autopsy Concludes (imemc.org)
- Palestinian detainee’s funeral due (bbc.co.uk)