Uploaded on Oct 31, 2007
Could a deficiency in a magnesium be to blame for some of your chronic health problems, lack of sleep or anxiety? In this week’s UltraWellness blog, Mark Hyman, M.D. reveals why this “secret antidote to stress” works so well and tells you how to get more of it — naturally. For more, see http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog.
The Relaxation Mineral
One mineral to take to a desert island, if you had to pick just one, would be magnesium–the “relaxation mineral.”
“If you are deficient in this mineral,” says Dr. Mark Hyman, ” you are twice as likely to die.”
Though 65% of Americans are estimated to be deficient in magnesium, and despite thousands of medical references on how magnesium affects the body, we still don’t think the take this simple supplement. Magnesium has largely been depleted through our processed foods diets, and is also drained from our bodies with caffeine, soda, alcohol, sugar and salt. As a result, we feel achey, stressed, cranky, and unable to relax or sleep. Millions have become dependent on sleeping pills and tranquilizers. But there is a very simple solution. Supplement your diet with magnesium, and increase your intake of magnesium rich foods, such as kelp, wheat bran, pecans, almonds, cashews, dulce, millet, collard greens, figs, avocado, garlic and more. Another great way to relax your muscles and absorb magnesium is to take an epsom salt bath.
This is your secret weapon against stress. Use it!
Celia Farber is the author of “Serious Adverse Events: An Uncensored History of AIDS” (Melville House Press/2006) and her website is http://www.truthbarrier.com.
- Magnesium: The Most Potent Relaxation Mineral In The World (nextworldtv.com)
- Magnesium – sleepdeprivation and stress (vitality2day.wordpress.com)
- Autism And Magnesium Deficiency: A Missing Link? (beyondautismawareness.wordpress.com)
- Why Soaking In Epsom Salt To Improve Your Health Isn’t Just An Old Wive’s Take (purposegiven.wordpress.com)
- Magnesium is a Powerful Natural Anti-Inflammatory Mineral (naturalsociety.com)
- Magnesium’s Importance Far Greater Than Previously Imagined (wakeup-world.com)
- Magnesium Is Important! (reflectionsonlifethusfar.wordpress.com)
- Magnesium Series Update: Deficiency Links to Critical Diseases (gwens-nest.com)