Hacker for hire: America’s most wanted hacker speaks out
Published on Jun 20, 2012 by RTAmerica
American companies are taking preemptive measures to counter potential attacks from would-be hackers. The Strikeback technology is used to distract or delay hacking attempts that could mean trouble for the company being targeted. The process entails luring cyber criminals into pseudo- systems to catch them. Kevin Mitnick, author of Ghost in the Wires, joins us on why he turned hacker for hire and offers us his insight on cyberterrorism and the Anonymous collective.
- Kevin Mitnick doesn’t really trust the cloud, but he uses it (gigaom.com)
- US companies take vigilante view on hackers (news.techeye.net)
- Hacked companies fight back with controversial steps (reuters.com)
- Hacked companies start hacking back (bgr.com)
- Hacked companies fight back with controversial “strike-back” steps (reuters.com)