Published on Jul 17, 2012 by AlJazeeraEnglish
Thousands of Israelis gathered in Tel Aviv after a protester set himself on fire during a rally on Saturday night over what he described as long-standing injustices of the state. The incident has mobilised Israel’s social movement that is demanding immediate action to lower the cost of living, raise wages and tackle poverty. How deep is the socio-economic divide in Israeli society? Guests: Yoaz Hendel , Akiva Eldar, Haggai Matar.
- “The State of Israel stole from me and robbed me says Israeli Man who set himself on Fire (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)
- Criminalizing Dissent in Israel (activistpost.com)
- Israeli man sets himself on fire at social-justice rally in Tel-Aviv (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- Israeli protester sets himself on fire at rally (independent.co.uk)
- Israeli protester self-immolates (upi.com)