(NaturalNews) As the American people are being force-fed GMOs and petitioning their government for honest food labels, other countries around the world are already removing the transgenic ingredients from their food supply. As Americans beg to know what kind of agro-chemicals and GMOs are in their food, the Russian government is taking historic measures to eliminate the production of genetically modified food altogether.
Manipulating nature at the genetic level and turning it into property and profit is how the biotech industry does business. The most infamous biotech giant, Monsanto, which is headquartered in St. Louis, practically runs the government agencies that were put in place to keep the people safe. It turns out that government safety agencies, especially the FDA, can be hijacked by powerful industries to advance corporate agendas at home and around the world.
One country that’s not going to put up with it is Russia.
Russia takes a stand against GMOs
Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich made the news public at an international conference on biotechnology in the Russian city of Kirov. “As far as genetically-modified organisms are concerned, we have made decision not to use any GMO in food productions.” By mid 2017, all GMO products that could come into contact with the environment must be registered with the Russian government. At that time, all genetically modified food production will come to a halt, freeing Russian farmers to produce wholesome, unadulterated food.
Over the past ten years, shares of GMOs in Russia have fallen from 12 percent to .01 percent. This is mainly because the Russian government is not infiltrated by the biotech industry as it is in America. Monsanto operatives have routinely colluded with the U.S. government through the years as the great biotech industry seeks to push genetically modified organisms and agro-chemicals on the population.
Here is a short list of some of the Monsanto operatives who have infiltrated the US government:
- Arthur Hull Hayes is a former FDA Commissioner who was a consultant to Searle’s Public Relations Firm, which ultimately merged with Monsanto.
- Margaret Miller was appointed Deputy Director of the FDA in 1991. She was also a top Monsanto scientist who helped approve recombinant bovine growth hormone in dairy products.
- Michael Taylor was appointed as FDA Deputy Commission for Policy by Obama in 2010. He also served at the Monsanto Washington, D.C. office and worked as an attorney for Monsanto for seven years.
- Clarence Thomas was appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1991. He was a former Monsanto lawyer who never cared about chemical pollution of the environment.
- Dr. Virginia Weldon was a former member of the FDA’s Metabolism & Endocrine Advisory Committee who also worked as Senior Vice President for Public Policy at Monsanto.
- Anne Veneman was appointed the head of the USDA in 2001. Her previous employer was a Monsanto Biotech subsidiary called Calgene. She served on Calgene’s Board of Directors.
- William D. Ruckelshaus was the very first Chief Administrator for the EPA. He later became acting director of the FBI and the Deputy U.S. Attorney General. In the private sector, he was a member of the Monsanto Board of Directors.
- Richard J. Mahoney was the CEO of Monsanto for 14 years. He also was a member of the U.S. Government Trade Policy Committee, directing trade to U.S. Soviet, Japanese and Korean Trade Councils.
- Hillary R. Clinton became Secretary of State under Obama and is looking to become U.S. President. Her previous experience includes her work as Monsanto Counsel for the Rose Law Firm.
The NaturalNews Network is a non-profit collection of public education websites covering topics that empower individuals to make positive changes in their health, environmental sensitivity, consumer choices and informed skepticism. The NaturalNews Network is owned and operated by Truth Publishing International, Ltd., a Taiwan corporation. It is not recognized as a 501(c)3 non-profit in the United States, but it operates without a profit incentive, and its key writer, Mike Adams, receives absolutely no payment for his time, articles or books other than reimbursement for items purchased in order to conduct product reviews.
The vast majority of our content is freely given away at no charge. We offer thousands of articles and dozens of downloadable reports and guides (like the Honest Food Guide) that are designed to educate and empower individuals, families and communities so that they may experience improved health, awareness and life fulfillment.