Published on Jun 5, 2013
Truthstream Media followed up on a report a report by Vani Hari at Foodbabe.com that boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese imported to the U.K. were showing up with a label warning the product contained genetically modified wheat. As no forms of GMO wheat are legally approved for cultivation or sale anywhere in the world, we investigated further, contacting both Kraft and the distribution company that placed the label to get the bottom of it.
We started by contacting the company’s customer service number. Listen as the representative admits their products have been ‘enhanced by biotechnology’ so some of their products ‘do contain ingredients from these crops’.
Although Kraft’s spokesperson responded to us in an official statement claiming there is no GMO wheat in their flagship Macaroni & Cheese product, the fact that the company refuses to remove potentially cancer-causing artificial dyes from the U.S. version of their product (dyes already absent from their international versions), in addition to the admitted presence of GMO in their food further proves that people need to take back control of what they are eating from these giant corporations who appear to be putting profits above people.
- Kraft Foods Denies GM Wheat but ADMITS GMO in Products (philosophers-stone.co.uk)
- Kraft Foods Denies GM Wheat but ADMITS GMO in Products (activistpost.com)
- Imported U.S. Mac and Cheese Label: ‘Made from GM Wheat’ (dprogram.net)
- Illegal GMO Wheat in Kraft Mac & Cheese? (cavemanpapa.wordpress.com)
- Imported U.S. Mac and Cheese Label: ‘Made from GM Wheat’ (activistpost.com)
- GMO’s and How to Avoid These Foods (sjcwellness.wordpress.com)