Posted by Mike Maharrey
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (May 2, 2013) – Just one day after Eric Holder sent a letter threatening Kansas if it enforces its recently passed Second Amendment Protection Act, the Missouri Senate thumbed its nose at the Attorney General and passed the Show-Me-State version of Second Amendment protection by a veto-proof majority.
HB 436 passed the Senate 26-6 on Thursday.
The House passed already passed the bill 115-41, also a veto-proof majority. But the Senate added three amendments, and the bill must no go back to the House for concurrence.
If passed into law, HB436 would nullify virtually every federal gun control measure on the books – or planned for the future. It reads, in part:
All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this state, shall not be recognized by this state, shall be specifically rejected by this state, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this state.
(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:
(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;
(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;
- Bill Nullifying Acts Violating The Second Amendment Passes Missouri Senate 26-6 (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Missouri Senate Approves Gun Rights Bill (guardianlv.com)
- PUSH BACK! Kansas, Missouri respond to Eric Holder Threat (zionistoutrage.com)
- Missouri House Votes to Nullify all Federal Gun Control Measures, 115-42 (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Missouri House Committee votes to Nullify All Federal Gun Control Efforts (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Missouri Senate says no to ethics bill, campaign caps (kansascity.com)
- Missouri Senate OKs guns-in-schools bill (kansascity.com)
- Missouri Senators Cite Gun, U.N. Conspiracy Theories In Voting To Defund Driver’s License Bureau (occupyedrambelings.wordpress.com)
- Kansas Governor to US AG: Think Again (thetruthaboutguns.com)