Texas: Act Now to Nullify Federal Gun Laws
Posted by TAC Daily Updates
Texas House Bill 928, the Second Amendment Preservation Act, passed the House Federalism and Fiscal Responsibility Committee 3-1. This bill is on it’s way to the Calendar Committee to be put on a schedule to be voted by the full house. Your action is needed now to help this bill get passed by the Texas House!
The bill would require all agencies of the state – and local governments – to refuse to enforce or assist in the enforcement of a vast majority of federal gun laws, including those already on the books. As Judge Andrew Napolitano has said recently, such widespread noncompliance can make a federal law “nearly impossible to enforce” (video here)
Surprisingly, an amendment was added in committee that actually made the bill stronger. It now includes a penalty for any local government which refuses to follow the proposed law. This includes a loss of state grant funding and the ability of individual Texans to file a complaint with the Attorney General against the local government violating their rights.
The bill must first go through the Calendars committee before it will be voted on by the State House. The Tenth Amendment Center requests your immediate help to move HB928 forward.
ACTION ITEMS for Texas HB928
1. Contact the Chair of the Committee on Calendars. Politely encourage him to move HB928 forward to the full house.
Rep. Todd Hunter. (512) 463-0672
- Texas: Act Now to Nullify Federal Gun Laws (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Texas House Committee Passes Two 2nd Amendment Preservation Bills (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- Texas: Help the 2nd Amendment Preservation Act Move Forward (tenthamendmentcenter.com)
- California NDAA Nullification Bill up for Vote Tuesday April 9, 2013 (occupyventura805.wordpress.com)
- Kansas Nullification Bill Goes to Brownback for Signature (tomwoods.com)
- Montana NDAA Nullification Bill Passes House Committee, 20-0 / Arizona NDAA Nullification Bill Passes Committee, 6-2 (familysurvivalprotocol.com)