Published on Mar 27, 2013
Visit http://science.nasa.gov/ for breaking science news.
A comet is heading for Mars, and there is a chance that it might hit the Red Planet in October 2014. An impact wouldn’t necessarily mean the end of NASA’s Mars program. But it would transform the program along with Mars itself.
- NASA: A comet may have a close encounter with Mars (wtvr.com)
- Mars vs. Comet in 2014: Scientists Prepare for Red Planet Sky Show (space.com)
- Collision Course? A Comet Heads for Mars (yubanet.com)
- Astronomers Watch as Comet 2013 A1 Heads Towards Mars (dailysciencenewsnetwork.wordpress.com)
- Comet 2013 A1: Rendezvous with Mars… (sluggerotoole.com)
- collComet could smash into Mars with same impact that killed off the dinosaurs (metro.co.uk)