Published on Jan 17, 2013
An analyst says Britain, the US and their puppets Saudi Arabia and Qatar which have in the first place played a role in the creation of rebels are the root cause of incidents such as that which took place in Algeria.
The comment comes as militants in Algeria say they have repelled an attack by the Algerian Army trying to rescue tens of kidnapped foreigners, among them French, British and Americans nationals.
The incident occurred late Wednesday when Nigerian soldiers made an attempt to enter the gas installation in the country’s eastern town of In Amenas, where armed men are holding up to 41 foreigners.
Press TV has conducted an interview with Lawrence Freeman with the Africa Desk at the Executive Intelligence Review (EIR) weekly magazine to further discuss the issue.
- Algeria hostage siege ‘not over’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Hostages ‘escape Algeria captors’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Developing Story: American Hostages Among Escapees In Algeria (fox2now.com)
- Report: Some hostages in Algeria freed (news.blogs.cnn.com)
- Algeria military operation ‘over’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Dozens of hostages ‘killed’ in Algeria (aljazeera.com)
- Algeria confirms deaths in hostage rescue bid (aljazeera.com)
- Reports Say Many Hostages Killed in Algeria Siege (voanews.com)
- UK News: Britons taken hostage in Algeria (walesonline.co.uk)
- No Canadians believed to be among hostages in Algeria (sunnewsnetwork.ca)