The CEO of Whole Foods said in 2009 that the Affordable Care Act was tantamount to “socialism,” but now he’s changing his tune: It’s not socialism anymore. According to him, it’s “fascism.”
That’s what John Mackey told National Public Radio (NPR) on Wednesday, in an interview aired on “Morning Edition,” seeming not to mind that the two forms of government are largely incompatible and ill-suited for framing the U.S. health care laws.
Mackey had a different take in 2009, when he wrote in The Wall Street Journal that the Affordable Care Act is precisely the kind of “socialism” British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher warned about.
“Technically speaking, it’s more like fascism,” he told NPR on Wednesday. “Socialism is where the government owns the means of production. In fascism, the government doesn’t own the means of production, but they do control it — and that’s what’s happening with our health care programs and these reforms.”
On the flip-side, Mackey added that he’s supportive of the Obama administration’s efforts to reform American’s diets, saying that most in the country “are addicted to sugar, and to fat and to salt.”
Read Full ARticle Here
- Whole Foods CEO: ObamaCare is fascism, not socialism (funandgood.com)
- Whole Foods CEO John Mackey Calls Obamacare ‘Fascism’ (mediaite.com)
- Whole Foods CEO: Obamacare Is ‘Like Fascism’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Whole Foods CEO John Mackey On Obamacare ‘Fascism’ Remark: ‘I Regret Using That Word’ (mediaite.com)
- Whole Foods CEO changes tune on ‘Obamacare’: It’s not ‘socialism,’ it’s ‘fascism’ (rawstory.com)
- JG Vibes ~ Whole Foods CEO Identifies Obamacare As “Fascism” (shiftfrequency.com)
- Whole Foods CEO: Obamacare Is ‘Like Fascism’ (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Whole Foods CEO: Obamacare is ‘Fascism’ (drudge.com)
- Whole Foods founder and CEO says Obamacare is fascism (americablog.com)
- Whole Foods CEO Identifies Obamacare as “Fascism” (theintelhub.com)