About 25 percent of homeless Americans are veterans-131,000 according to VA statistics-and more than 75 percent have a mental disorder, often PTSD. The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans has noted that Iraq veterans are already beginning to show up in that population.
Wake up, Peter.
Stop kidding yourself that words matter to them.
You chose the wrong profession.
When are you and your co-veterans going to learn that no one in government gives, as an American might say: “…a good god-damn about you and your comrades” who fought so valiantly for your country?
This is because they don’t give a “good god-damn about America” per se, they only care about themselves and their own agendas which is to fill their pockets with the kinds of profits that only a country on a constant war footing can generate. Who the enemy is doesn’t really matter, as long as there is an enemy.
Patriotism is a word that rolls off their tongues like they roll out wads of notes to pay for luxuries for themselves and their families, while the families of those who suffer death and horrendous injuries for their profits mean less than nothing to them.
Wake up, Peter. Stop kidding yourself that words matter to them. You chose the wrong profession. You should have become a Wall Street banker or bought some shares in the armaments industry if you wanted a reward out of the wars that are being constantly fought in the name of “Homeland” Security. What a joke that phrase is. The more wars they launch, the less secure the “Homeland” becomes and so the vicious circle goes around and around.
I feel really sad when I read your emails, because you are not going to get anywhere pleading with these people. They are the scum of the earth and will never give an inch unless they are forced to do so at the points of the guns that they are so desperately trying to make sure will never, ever be pointed at them.
- Aurora facility focuses on homeless female veterans (denverpost.com)
- Homeless veterans get help at Fort Worth fair (star-telegram.com)
- SF helps homeless veterans find housing (sfgate.com)
- Aurora Facility Focused On Female Homeless Vets (denver.cbslocal.com)
- More than 2,000 homeless veterans in Arizona ()
- Stand Down event helps homeless veterans (ktvb.com)
- Marine Corps student uses ops research thesis to combat veteran homelessness (dvidshub.net)
- Huntsville veteran goes from high-tech military career to homeless (al.com)
- Fewer homeless vets expected; ‘alarming’ trend in young (usnews.nbcnews.com)