(CNSNews.com) – Are Democrats done raising taxes on the American people?
“No,” says House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.).
“We can raise more revenue,” says Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.).
And Sen. Dick Durban (D-Ill.) says “there are still deductions, credits, special treatments under the tax code which ought to be looked at very carefully.”
The three Democrats took similar questions about additional tax hikes on different Sunday talk shows.
Interviewed Friday by Bob Schieffer, host of CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Pelosi was asked if the “revenue side” of the fiscal cliff is finished. Revenue means higher taxes to Democrats.
“No, no, it is not,” Pelosi replied. “I mean, the president had said originally he wanted $1.6 trillion in revenue. He took it down to $1.2 as a compromise. In this legislation (fiscal cliff) we had $620 billion, very significant, high-end tax — changing the high-end tax rate to 39.6 percent. But that is not enough on the revenue side.”
“Are you talking about more taxes?” Schieffer asked Pelosi.
“We’re talking about looking at the tax code, putting everything on the table from the standpoint of closing loopholes — and we know that we can do that — special subsidies for big oil, for example, $38 billion right there.
“But again, not to take things in isolation, just to say, OK, well, how much more revenue can we get as we go forward?”
- We Socialists Don’t Have a Spending Problem – We’re Not Taxed Enough (independentsentinel.com)
- Nancy Pelosi: Requiring Wealthy Americans To Pay Even More Is ‘Not Off The Table’ (mediaite.com)
- Pelosi: Tax revenue discussion isn’t over (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Pelosi Wants More Taxes (freebeacon.com)
- Pelosi: Dems will push for more revenue (politico.com)
- Pelosi: More tax revenues must be part of next deficit deal (thehill.com)
- Pelosi: “Not enough” revenue in “fiscal cliff” deal (cbsnews.com)
- Pelosi: Democrats will push for higher taxes (wnd.com)
- Shocker: Dems Want $1 Trillion More In Taxes! (sweetness-light.com)
- Nancy Pelosi: More Tax Hikes Could Be Coming (foxnewsinsider.com)