Published on Nov 30, 2012 by linktv
Five Tibetans have set themselves on fire in the past week, including a teenage Buddhist nun. LinkAsia speaks with Dr. Tsering Shakya of the University of British Columbia about the reasons for this recent spat of self-immolations, and whether local Chinese officials are to blame.
Watch more at http://linkasia.org.
IMAGE: Tibet pro-independence activists demonstrate during a protest in Brussels: REUTERS/Yves Herman
- Tibetans Missing after New Self-Immolation (voanews.com)
- Security Forces Injure Tibetan Student Protesters (theepochtimes.com)
- Spike in Tibetan self-immolations draws international attention to China (csmonitor.com)
- Two More Tibetans Set Themselves On Fire (voanews.com)
- Two more Tibetans in China self-immolate (bigpondnews.com)
- Tibetan Protesters Injured in Crackdown; Self-Immolations Continue (nytimes.com)
- Chinese Crackdown Blamed for More Tibetan Self-Immolations (theepochtimes.com)